Sunday, January 16, 2011

My goodness! It's still snowing!



Well, when I woke up this morning, the snowfall was just moderate enough to enjoy the beautiful scenery. However I must say now, "No more thank you." The transportation is getting paralyzed. Trains delayed, cars trapped, people slipping. I don't feel like driving on such a awful day. So here I am sitting at my laptop making the slide show. What a good way to spend the Sunday afternoon.

Too bad, however, there are many senior high students who have been taking the entrance exams across the nation since this morning despite this bad weather.
Some students could not arrive at the exams venues on time due to the paralyzed transportation system so many exam organizations made it possible to give them a full time right after they sit at the desks. That's the way it should be. Yet,I know how much stressing for the students to concentrate on the exams all after the fuss.

It's the season of the entrance exams in Japan for these three months. Two-day unified college entrance examinations, known as the National Center Test, started at 706 venues across the nation yesterday. Today is the last day. It's the beginning of the exams season. With today's results, students are to go on to the next exams at each university which they apply for.

I don't know why but the snowy weather often falls on around the date of the National Center Test. I remember it did snow on the day when my daughter went to take this exams almost six years ago.
No more hardship on them. Hope they will finish the exams making their best.
Their own "spring" will be arriving soon.

3 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Your Japanese garden is gorgeous in snow! I love the 'moon' bridge!!
Stay warm dear~

xo

Dionne said...

Wow, how crazy, and what timing! That certainly must add to the stress of the test.

And your garden seems to be lovely no matter what time of year it is!

Kris said...

These are lovely photos of your garden. I found your blog from OWOH...I am not entering the giveaway but instead I am enjoying the blogs.
Yours is very nice!