Sunday, March 04, 2007

Spring is with us now


Spring has just arrived here much earlier than usual owing to the global warming.
We have two Chinese citron trees in our garden and they both have fruited earlier as well. So this morning I picked them up from the trees. It's fun. You can pick them up by twisting the stems as high as my arms reach. Otherwise, I use the shears with a long handle to pick up the fruits way high up in the trees. Once I start it, it is really fun to do. It didn't take long to find dozens of fruits landing on the ground.
Well, it's not the end of the story. What will become of those fruits? I gave some to my neighbors and I'm going to cook the rest of them into handmade marmalade. It's such a nice treat that the great grand mother had once planted the trees way back in the past.

No comments: