Sunday, February 15, 2009

The way we have the Valentine's Day in Japan


One of the Japanese confectioneries had brought about this western culture into our society almost fifty years ago. But they somehow moderated it. What they did is that they promoted the Valentine's day as the very special day that women can confess their love to someone special with a box of chocolates. Since then every year women of all ages have been so anxious to get prepared boxes of chocolates for this day. In fact every chocolate manufacturer put varieties of fancy chocolates into markets and we all happy to visit every department stores and shopping centers to pick up your favorites. Indeed all the chocolates corners turned to be colorful and fancy stages. It worth of visiting and looking around. Nowadays women's giving chocolates to men on the Valentines day is so widespread and get popular among friends and company colleagues and staffs and even in families to show their appreciation.
I bought two boxes of chocolates from different chocolatiers for my husband and my son. Here is still one left with me. It's the one for my husband. I'll keep it until he gets home from New Deli, India next week. I can't wait to hand it out to him and enjoy fancy chocolates together at coffee time.

3 comments:

Dionne said...

I love chocolate! Especially pretty chocolates. You can't go wrong with something that tastes wonderful, and is beautiful to look at too!

Of course you can add me to your blog list! Thanks!

Happy Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

awww!! Choco! love love love 'em! (well, now, who doesn't?)

and I love that corner! So colorful (okay, too much red and pink but it's cutee...)

Happy V day! x)

littletiara said...

Chocolate everywhere! I can see my toothache coming closer, lol!

But the sweetness and cuteness? Worth it! x)